Welcome the the Appalachian Beauty School. Our mission is to prepare students to successfully pass written and practical state board exams, obtain licensure and become assets to their communities by means of gainful employment. We always are striving to give each student the opportunity to reach his/her full potential. It is our endeavor to focus on the following specific goals through conscientious and dedicated guidance and instruction as follows:
- To motivate students to develop their artistic potential as well as good business management, salon ethics, business ethics, and knowledge of state board rules and regulations.
- To build a solid foundation of educational and technical skills.
- To expose students to up-to-date products and hairstyling techniques.
- To fulfill all state board requirements for licensure and employment.
- To achieve skills and strategies for effective client relations and retention techniques.
- To teach students the components of the proper attitude of the professional cosmetologists